Monday 15th June
- Library Management Platform project board meeting including an update on the SCURL groups, internal operational groups and timeline for project.
- Weekly meeting with line manager – staffing and plans / developments for summer
- Collection Development meeting including update on stock relegation (books) and plans for removal of some of the journal stock to make more study space for students.
Collection development is officially the responsibility of the resources team however in practice a lot of the work, especially maintenance and relegation, is undertaken by the Customer Services team. This is mainly because they have the skills and knowledge of where the stock, books and journals, are located and their usage by students. The demand for items is monitored by Customer Services staff. We have a rolling programme of weeding and have just finished one list and are now starting on the quick reference and IPE books.
Tuesday 16th June
- In York for Leadership Foundation ‘Leading Across Professional Boundaries’ course
Wednesday 17th June
- Discussion re classification of IPE books to be integrated into main collection
- Discussion with line manager re staffing and plans for next semester
- IT Helpdesk update and current issues
- Change Advisory Board – communications re print servers, roaming profiles, office 2013 and home page
Thursday 18th June
Friday 19th June
- Association for Learning Technology Trustees meeting at Institute of Education, London.